I've Moved!

I have a new online home---my writings and paintings are now located at DreamaTollePerry.com---come on over!!

Friday, March 2, 2012

"Shutters Blue, Garden Green, Roses Pink" SOLD

Pin It
Shutters Blue, Garden Green, Roses Pink
12 x 12in oil on museum quality panel
SOLD


Workshops.  
Preparing, packing, schlepping--all part of the necessary requirements for having one.

I'm not gonna lie to you. 
 If I had a personal assistant I would hand those jobs over so quick--- I would run the risk of whiplash:))

HOWEVER, lacking an assitant (Ed doesn't count)...
If I didn't prep, pack and schlepp I would be forfeiting...
So Much Awesomeness!


(If video does not appear on your page, click here)

For instance, this past week I got to hang out several evenings with Kathleen O'Neil Stevenson, talking about things like....water based oil paints and which ones are the cadillacs, where can I find those neat containers she has her art supplies stashed in....and of course a side trip to the local art store to check out paint colors like they were new shades of nail polish:))  

And then the 18 artists who gathered into Kathleen's Renaissance Gallery in Carmel were such a talented , fun loving group!  Getting to hear their stories of when and why they started painting, and how much they simply loved the doing of it--just such a gift to listen in!


AND did I mention....they were really talented?!

Artists at work 
 (one of my larger paintings is hanging at the far end --a whopping 30 x 40, you can click here to see it close up:)



Melody created an awesome color chart based on my palette. 
 I threatened to steal it, but had to settle for a photograph.  
Just too many artists with their eye on me...dang it!!



Lots of room to spread out in Kathleen's inspiring gallery space. 


 Love how she had my paintings hanging out in her shabby chic chairs.  
Again, wanted to steal chairs for my studio, but too many artists watching.
Foiled again!!

More details and paintings to come from the Carmel IN Workshop:))) 
 Stay Tuned!

Carpe Diem!!....Due to a late cancel, I have an opening in my workshop next week in Lexington, KY, March 8-10.  Contact me by clicking here if you would like to slide in the open spot:))!!

Pin It