"Just a Simple French Cottage"
6 x 6in oil on museum quality panel
Gotta love the way color bypasses the brain and heads straight for the heart. The heart is not stimulated by facts and details. It just knows beauty the minute it sees it. You can't sell the heart on things that aren't true. It ignores the facts, fluff and fodder and grabs hold of truth and beauty. One may see "red", be pea "green" with envy, feel "blue", or be accused of being cowardly "yellow", but that's just the brain trying to fudge in on color's territory.
Color is beautiful, always, and it knows it:))
I see your true colors shining through:)
(and you thought your monitor was just one way viewing... in the words of Billy Crystal---
you rook mavelous:)!
In Other News:
- New Workshop Added to Fall Line-Up!! Laurie at the Parish Center for the Arts in Westford, Mass. made me an offer I couldn't refuse:))---she even invited Eddie (although I haven't shared that little tidbit with Mr. Furry Pants himself). I will be teaching a 3 Day Workshop in Sept, 2011, and you can check it out by clicking here.
- Speaking of Laurie...she is a phenomenal artist with a big heart. She is auctioning a beautiful painting with all proceeds going to benefit the disaster in Japan. Here's her link (tell her Eddie sent you). Click Here
- Speaking of Japan--I will be offering a painting up "auction style" via the Daily Paintworks site with all proceeds going to help out our neighbors in Japan. If you have been wanting to donate, this is going to be a fun auction and a way to do something good and get something nice in return:)) Details to follow:))
- Speaking of getting nice things...I will be drawing this week for January and February give-a-ways...stay tuned:))!
- Speaking of staying tuned....Artists Helping Artists radio show that I co-host is now at 10,000 listeners a month! You can play past episodes by going to our site --just scroll to the shows you like and click to play! Go Now->->